What I did and do with my ' over-blessed ' Thai Basil.



I am a total loser when it comes to battling with the fast-increasing number of self-seeded and volunteer Thai Basil ( Ocimum basilicum ) plants in my small garden. Not that it requires a lot of physical strength to win the battle ( merely weeding them out will do actually ). But that it requires a firm and strong heart to do so ( I have a known weakness in weeding out plants and even weeds at times! ), which I, evidently, do not have.


Consequently, I am ' over-blessed ' with three mini jungles of Thai Basil plants - two at the backyard and one at the front.


So ' over-blessed ' that it felt much like a heavy burden to me recently, that I had to ' beg ' a neighbour to come over ( which I am most grateful, she did this morning ), help me uproot ( harvest ) and bring them home with her to consume. Or simply have them given away to whoever she can think of who may want them, so they need not be composted. 



Here it is, the two bucketfuls of Thai Basil harvest which she had brought home with her this morning. 




The ' over-blessed ' burden I felt suddenly became much lighter.



There may be more than half left still ( those that have started to flower especially ), but it is okay for now. I am keeping them for the occasional bee and other insects to enjoy for the time being.





All for now! THANK YOU for reading this! Till next month! Or the month after next! BYE!


8 comments:

  1. Better to have too much than not enough. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Flighty. Though I did feel the pressure the other day, thinking they possibly would go to waste if nobody wants them.

      Delete
  2. I struggle growing standard basil, so envy you being overburdened with Thai basil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sympathize, Gwenfar's Garden. It's pretty easy here, for Sweet Basil even.

      Delete
  3. I'm the same, I can't waste anything so always end up with far too many seedlings with nowhere to put them. Good that you found a good home for the basil.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I think many gardeners out have the same weakness in this sense like us, Snowbird! Oh, SO So glad I did!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Wish you're mine too, meintheswim! Ha ha!

      Delete