Garden Update ( Potted Ornamentals ) - May 2019



Here, at my small backyard garden in Ipoh ....



The Pink and White Periwinkle ( Vinca rosea ) are very happily flowering now. More buds are seen going to burst open anytime soon. How I love them for their easy growing and easy flowering nature!




Mum's best-loved plant, the Yellow Allamanda ( Allamanda cathartica ) continues to flower non-stop after it first started to flower back in March, this year. Its vibrant yellow blooms never fail to cheer me up every time I look at them.




The Frangipani ( Plumeria rubra ) is still taking its sweet time, enjoying its leafing retreat. It continues to happily send out new, beautiful and healthy, large leaves every now and then. There is no indication at all that it will end its retreat anytime soon. Oh, how I miss its previous sweet-scented, yellow-white blooms!




Having all its life being over-shadowed by its pot mate ( the Frangipani ), the Wild, Multi-coloured Lantana ( Lantana camara ) has recently, finally decided to make its boldest move ever. That is to poke its head through the leaves of its mate, in order to see the world above, where it could now, effortlessly soak in the essence of the powerful sun as and when it wish.




The White Butterfly Pea Vine ( Clitoria ternatea ) is growing rather happily but it has yet to send out its first ever, long-awaited white bloom.




The Jasmine ( Jasminum sambac ) Plant's growth seems to have established well. It keeps sending out new, beautiful and shiny leaves every day. Hope it will give me lots of white, sweet-scented blooms soon.




The pink Air Mata Pengantin or Bride's Tears or Chain of Love or Coral Vine or Mexican Creeper ( Antigonon leptopus ) seems to have suddenly gone to ' sleep ', after its first ever cluster of flowers was over recently. So far, no new flower buds nor new leaves are seen being formed any where on the vine. The strange part is nothing seems to work to make it wake up now. Not even the delicious manure I fed it with a while ago!




The two Areca or Betel-nut Palm or Pinang or Betel Palm or Areca-nut or Pinang Siri ( Areca catechu ) seeds which I had picked up from the roadside outside our Condominium compound back in Kuala Lumpur and sown in a pot some two months back, have now germinated and are looking healthy. I love palm trees a lot. So, I think I will keep them instead of having them sent away elsewhere.





All for now! Thank you for reading this! Bye!


6 comments:

  1. Nice post and pictures. They all look good and healthy. I like the white vinca, but I rarely see it here. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Flighty, for your ever kind comments! They are. I like the white one better too...

      Delete
  2. I like the periwinkles they seem to flower all the time. The Jasmine looks healthy hope it gives you flowers soon. Happy gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much meintheswim! Me too! I hope so. Happy gardening to you too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely to catch up with all your plants, I did enjoy your periwinkles. How I wish I could grow fragipani, I adored it's flower and scent every time I traveled in Malaysia. How I hope it flowers for you.Oh...good luck with the palms.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Snowbird! Me too!
      I've come across a UK blogger who grows frangipani in her garden. So, perhaps you can too? Then you can enjoy its flower in the summer just like the time when you visited our country?
      Finally, thank you so much for all your very kind wishes!

      Delete