My Resolve To Recreate My Small Backyard Garden




I have always wanted an outdoor space of my own. A space filled with beautiful plants and wildlife that I like. So I can play and relax as and when I feel like it. It is important that it has to look beautiful on the whole. So much the better, if it can have a small swing in it. So I can sit and swing on, and daydream all day long, to my heart's content, while enjoying beautiful nature around me.


It is already two years now since I started creating this very space of mine ( my small backyard garden ). But as yet, it is far from looking beautiful or functional. Not the way I have hoped for, at least. 

There may already be some beautiful edibles and ornamentals growing here and there. But certainly not enough still to make the space look full.

It may have been for the inappropriate arrangement or combination of things or some ugly corners that need fixings that make the space look rather unsightly,

And finally, it may have been for the absence of the right swing placed in it. 


From now on, I will try to recreate it ( with minimal budget ) by addressing issues, rearranging plants and pots, fixing ugly corners, and etc., until I finally feel ' okay ' with the overall view. Do come again to see how I will make it happen over time. I may be very slow. as life has been pretty busy for me these days. But I promise I will try my very best to speed things up whenever I can. Hopefully. 






Till then. Do come again! See you all!


4 comments:

  1. Good post and pictures. Surely gardening is all about taking your time, and indeed changing your mind occasionally. I'm sure that you will get your small backyard garden just as you want it before too long. I like the idea of having a swing so that you can sit and daydream. Happy gardening. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your ever kind comments, Flighty! I agree and let's hope so. I've always wanted a swing since I was a child but my parents somehow just don't think it is anything fun or necessary to have in the garden. Thanks and same to you!

      Delete
  2. Some lovely blooms here. Gardens are ongoing projects for sure and constantly need altering and changing around as plants grow and die. Good luck with it all, I look forward to seeing what you do and hope you get that swing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Snowbird, I think so too! I agree and thank you so much for your very kind wish! I've already started with painting an unsightly part of my backyard yesterday and will continue to do some more when I come back from my retreat at the end of the month. As for the swing, I'm almost decided now as to get which one, thought it's not exactly the same as the one I've always wanted.

      Delete