Love me, WHY CAN'T YOU?






Dear Gardener,


I have always have a WISHFUL dream.
That is, to become your ' official ' PET.
INSTEAD of your ' detested ' PEST.
To be LOVED and PROTECTED by you.
From the KILLER pellets and kind.

But a wishful dream is EVER a wishful dream.
You will never love me.
In your heart, I am forever a pest that will ruin your plants.
If, to the extent you must get rid of me, 
SPARE ME, MY LIFE, I pray.
Send me off to the wild instead.

THOUGH I do think I could make a GOOD pet.
As ALL I ask is just a GARDEN to roam in.
And a PORTION of your PLANTS to fill my tummy.
MOREOVER, if you would seriously look at me,
you would find that I am actually quite LOVELY in a way!



Love Me,
the Garden Snail



10 comments:

  1. A place for all creatures! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? Thank you so much for all the love and support, Padraig!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh....lovely! I like snails and can't kill them, I move them elsewhere.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so kind of you as to relocate them! A lot of people I know use snail pellets that cause them to suffer and die. Thank you so much for your kind love and thought for them, Snowbird!

      Delete
  3. A good post. Like Snowbird I move them elsewhere, usually to the compost heap. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind and thoughful of you, Flighty! There are plenty of food for them there, I suppose. Thank you so much for your kind comment!

      Delete
  4. Hmm... I think snails are cute when they come in one or two. But, when they come in bigger number, they can chomp up a plant overnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Stephanie! I understand what you mean. I believe you would set them free elsewhere if you find them intolerable one day, wouldn't you? I've quite a number at my small garden that feed on my butterfly pea plant but so far they've never really caused any significant damage. Their colour may not be the most fascinating of all but if you observe them in motion, you would find that they actually look quite interesting and lovely. I do, at least. So far, they seem to know their boundary well and seldom touch my other veges. Good guys they are! They and other creatures like occasional butterflies, frogs and grasshoppers ( also pests to many ) make my garden looks full of live 😀!

      Delete
  5. I seldom see snail in my garden nowadays,maybe just one or two. Before there were so many. I don't know what makes them go away because i don't put any anti snail pest control pellets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come and go. That's why I'm never worried about them. I always leave them to nature. I believe nature has its own way in resolving things naturally. I'm so glad you never use snail pellets, meintheswim. That's very kind of you!

      Delete