All Looking GOOD and HOPEFUL


I had been away for more than a week, joining a Buddhist retreat camp with no Internet or phone access at a Buddhist Society near my holiday home in Ipoh since August eighteenth. When the camp ended and while I was on my way back to Kuala Lumpur last Tuesday, I stopped by my home there to see my small garden and took a few pictures. But, having had to rush quite a number of long pending handmade flower orders, I can only, finally sit down and post them here now... After I have had all the orders completed and shipped out this morning.



I was happy to find that .... 


.... almost all ( over ninety percent ) of the Red Stem Malabar Ceylon Spinach ( Basella alba 'Rubra' ) 



and all the Sweet Potato ( Ipomoea batatas ) vines 



which I had started from leafless stem cuttings had grown well with quite a number of leaves each.



.... and most of the Radish (Raphanus raphanistrum subsp. sativus) seeds which I had sown about two to three weeks before had germinated and grown into healthy and strong-looking plants.




Hope they would all continue to grow happily and healthily while I am away. So that by the time I go back to Ipoh again, most probably in a few days time ( with my younger sister, Jane who would be coming back from the UK on Wednesday ), there would be some nice and pleasant, welcoming vegetables in the garden, greeting her as she enters my holiday home for the first time ...



8 comments:

  1. It's nice to read and see that these are all doing well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your ever kind comments, Flighty! I hope they continue to do well...

      Delete
  2. That really is a fantastic result! They do all look very healthy!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, Snowbird. Thank you so much for your comment!

      Delete
  3. All set to grow well, good harvest coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, meintheswim. Thank you so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Hello Jade C, your vegetables are growing really well. I am sure your sister will be so glad to see your garden. Btw thank you so much for sharing my workshop. So kind of you to do that for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Stephanie! My sis was indeed happy to see my garden. Oh, you are welcome! It did not take much of my time. Just hope it helps.

      Delete