How Long Can This Spark of Interest in Gardening Last?


This past Sunday, I bartered an unused backpack for a bag of 28L Organic ( 6 in 1 ) Soil Mix and two bags of 3kg Black Soil with Fourth Sis's fellow Facebook Barter Group member. Even though the backpack cost much more that the soils, it was a most worthwhile deal to me. For at least the ' poor ' backpack has now found a new owner who would hopefully, appreciate and not abandon it at the corner of a store and forget about its presence after that - just like what I had carelessly done to it when it was with me. And needless to say, I got some precious, much-needed soils which I was most happy about.



The extent of our ( My and Eldest Sis's ) joy every time we talk about our gardens, seems to have sparked Fourth Sis's interest in gardening recently. She only has a small balcony space to start with. But that would be enough for her to play in at the moment. The soils which I had got from the deal were given to her to start some edibles ( which she is only keen in growing ) in pots. I helped her fill up her one and only empty pot ( which Eldest Sis had given her) with the whole bag of the 28L Organic ( 6 in 1 ) Soil Mix. After that, I tucked the sprouted Chayote gourd ( which I had earlier planned to have it planted at my backyard back in Ipoh ) into the soil somewhere in the middle of the pot and let her do the watering. She will have to do all the other works by herself like staking the plant or making it trail up a trellis when it grows taller some time later.



The other two bags of Black Soil will be used for the White Bitter Gourd seedling ( there were five initially but only one seems to be still standing now ) when she gets another empty pot which Eldest Sis had promised to give her later. And so, till then for this...



I keep my finger crossed that Fourth Sis's interest in gardening would last longer this time. Else, I would have to adopt her pots of plants in no time. Her interests in things were often ' short-lived ' in the past!


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, how lovely to know you have inspired your sister, sow a seed and it will grow, even if she gives up she'll come back to it...gardening is addictive! Wonderful hearing how you swapped your backpack for soil! Respect!!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Snowbird, I'm very happy we have inspired her a little. I hope her plants would grow well so she would be motivated and found it additive. And oh, that backpack swap was her idea actually though I was the one who suggested we should get some soils from it. Thank you so much for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like the barter was worthwhile. I hope that your sister's plants do well and her gardening interest continues well into the future. Happy gardening. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It indeed was,Flighty. I hope so too. Thank you so much! And same to you.

    ReplyDelete