A Day Out To Our Prime Minister's Hari Raya Open House.


On Friday, me, along with 80 thousand other ( mostly Malaysians ) flocked to our Prime Minister's Hari Raya Open House which was held at the garden of Seri Perdana (  overlooking the Prime Minister's office ) in Putrajaya. It was my first time. So, I had no idea I was actually going to join a huge crowd gathering!

Before I realised it, I was already stuck in the middle of the traffic jam!



It must had been some magnetic force that prompted me to move along with the lot of eager crowd who patiently and slowly inching their steps towards the entrance to the many large tents in the garden where the open house was held to welcome guests like us. 



Imagine how very eager we all were! It was an especially hot day. But surprisingly, none of us ( including ME - who usually dislike being in crowded and hot places ) seemed to have mind it at all! Despite being under the canopies of the many Rain trees that lined the walkway, it still felt very hot. I supposed none of us had not bathed in sweat.




Finally, after the long, long queue, THESE people had had their ' sumptuous lunches ' inside the tents!



And I had had mine. A plate of plain Briyani rice only ( as the side dishes were all meat-based and not catered for vegetarians ). Oh, but NO! I later found out that even this rice is sometimes cooked with chicken soup. Gosh, how I regret! I should have eaten just a cake or two to be safe!




As I left, I saw many happy faces posing in front of the big, open house sign board with gifts ( from our Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir ) in their hands for some photo-takings.



I was camera-shy. So, I took pictures of the many beautiful flowers and plants and the surrounding landscaped gardens instead.












It had been an unusually great and fun day out for mebeing a part of an 80-Thousand Crowd Gathering. My only regret was not having a handshake with our Prime Minister! Not that I did not have a chance though. But that I was afraid he would be too tired.


Nevertheless, many thanks to our Prime Minister and his Cabinet - OUR NEW GOVERNMENT!


And finally, wishing all Muslims out there, A WONDERFUL HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI!


6 comments:

  1. Impressive looking gardens. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too, Flighty. Thank you so much for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been near the place before, the lake view is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks fantastic too, meintheswim. Thank you so much for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a day, shame yo didn't get more to eat! Stunning photos!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I don't really mind eating just a little bit. But that that rice could have been cooked with chicken soup that really did bother me! Thank you so much for your kind comment, Snowbird!

    ReplyDelete