Enjoying my Thai Basil harvest ... in the simplest, yet tasty Vegan or Vegetarian Dish ...


Like always, I had a bountiful harvest of Thai Basil ( Ocimum basilicum ), among others from my backyard.



So I decided to cook something for myself with it. 

I am especially lazy when it comes to cooking. I am not the type of person who is willing to spend a lot of effort and time in the kitchen for that split-second of food enjoyment. I would rather settle for moderately tasted foods if that require much less effort and time to cook or prepare. 

Thus, this simple, yet quite tasty Vegan or Vegetarian Dish, which I had specially created or cooked for my lunch yesterday - using my Thai Basil harvest as the flavour enhancer.




Here is the RECIPE ( Beancurd  in Tomato Soup )  ( one person's portion ), should anyone be interested to try :


Ingredients:


1 big tomato ( skin removed and cut into smaller parts ), 1 whole fried or non-fried beancurd ( tofu ), some fresh basil leaves ( cleaned ) ( not too much - just enough to flavour ), filtered water,  salt ( to taste ), 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.


Method:


1) Put the cut tomato parts into a small cooking pot. 

2) Add in oil and salt. 

3) Pour in the filtered water ( about thrice the volume of the tomato. ).

4) Place the cooking pot over the stove and let it cook under low heat.

5) When the water has come to a boil, use a spoon to crush some of the cut tomato parts so that the soup would thicken a little.

6) Let it cook for a while more.

7) Throw in the beancurd and the Thai Basil leaves.

8) Boil for another 2 to 3 minutes until set.

9) Remove from the stove.

10) Serve in a white porcelain bowl ( for a more appetizing look ).

11) Finally, the dish is ready to be enjoyed with a bowl of noodles or rice. 



YUM YUM! Happy trying if you would! 😀


6 comments:

  1. Lovely to see all that wonderful fresh produce. Just loved the recipe too, looks utterly delicious. I'll certainly try a version of it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your ever kind comments, Snowbird!
      Delicious indeed! To me,at least. Ha ha! Happy trying! 😀

      Delete
  2. Good post and pictures. It looks and sounds delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your ever kind comments, Flighty! It is, as it looks and sounds.😀

      Delete
  3. Yum yum. This is one good soup dish. Happy gardening and eating!

    ReplyDelete