what GARDENING IS to me ...


Gardening Is ...



Soils And Fertilizers

Getting my top soils from the less-polluted wild.
Getting my soil conditioners etc. ( coconut fibre and coco peat etc.) from the dump.
Getting my fertilizers ( manures ) from the less-polluted grass fields.and spaces.
Making my own composts using my own garden and kitchen wastes.
And finally, making my own soil mixes.

Not that I like to make things happen the hard way.
Nor am unwilling to support garden-related businesses out there.
But that ...
I prefer materials that are perfectly natural.
To those that are supposedly natural but possibly CHEMICAL or PLASTIC-contaminated.


Plants

Getting my plant materials ( seeds, seedlings and root and stem cuttings ) from the wild.
Or from scraps in my kitchen or the dumps.
Or simply from generous, fellow gardeners who blessed me with their extras.
I never have to buy any plants.

Not that I am unwilling to support garden-related businesses out there.
But simply that I love the wonderful feeling of starting my own plants cost-free and from scratch.
So I could proudly call them all my own creations!


Planters

Not making my own planters.
But making sure they are constructed from the most natural material possible.
Like my two front and back brick-edged ( though regrettably cemented ) planters.
Or are chose from those that are made from the most natural material possible.
Like my close to thirty pieces of earthen compost bins and pot planters.
And banning all plastic, polystyrene and tire planters, and kind from my garden.
I just find it hard accepting unnatural stuffs in a supposedly beautiful, nature space.


Pests And Diseases

Making sure my plants are happy, healthy and strong at all times possible.
So they can naturally overcome invasions or infestations from pests and diseases on their own.


Wildlife

Making my garden as inviting as possible to wildlife.  
So that they would come and make my garden a perfect garden!


Harvest

Always jumping and singing in joy and sharing with others at harvest time. 
Just like getting the year end bonus at work.


The Gardener, ME

Growing together with my plants.
Enjoying the ongoing, A to Z adventures of planting my garden.
And gaining priceless experiences and knowledge along the way.
Not only that.
For the still underweight me,
Having gained a few most welcome kilograms in a short one year or so!
Thanks to my increased appetite every time I garden!



6 comments:

  1. A most enjoyable post, and one that I wholeheartedly agree with. Happy gardening! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Flighty, thank you so much for your ever kind comments and support! Happy gardening to you too!

      Delete
  2. I admire you for being very envioromentally concious.
    To start planting from scratch is more meaningful but I am always tempted to one from the nursary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one stubborn person when it comes to choosing my planting medium, equipment and etc., meintheswim. I don't know why but I just can't accept environment unfriendly stuffs, unless if there are no other choices.
      Oh, I do feel tempted too but I always managed to hold myself back!

      Delete
  3. Like Flighty I too agree with everything you've said! Happy gardening.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you do, oh Snowbird! Thanks and happy gardening to you too!

      Delete