The long-awaited BLOOM cheered me up no end on a bad day.




A poor, plump rat was found dead at my car porch when I reached my house in Ipoh today. It was a most scary encounter for me. I had handled countless dead insects before but never a rotting carcass of that size. My legs weakened and I felt sick at the sight of it. But still, I braved myself. I had it lifted with my then shaking, plastic bag-enveloped right hand and had it buried at an empty space some distance away from my house, before I had my car porch thoroughly cleaned.

What an unfortunate encounter I had had! Lucky though, the whole thing lasted not too long a time. And there was a really very pleasant and welcome surprise that awaited me at the backyard, that cheered me up no end. 

Mum's Best-Loved Plant, Allamanda cathartica was in BLOOM for the first time since I had it started from a single stem cutting back in June last year! So VERY beautiful! Seeing it immediately brought back fond memories of Mum and her beautiful Allamandas back in my childhood garden. Oh, how very much I had missed them!



THANK YOU SO MUCH IRENE ( my dear neighbour ), for this wonderful and most precious cutting!



6 comments:

  1. Well done, that's always an unpleasant task. Lovely flower. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Flighty. That's a most dreaded and unpleasant one.
      It is. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Allamanda is beutiful i like its bright cheery yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, meintheswim, I'm glad you like it too!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful bloom, just gorgeous. Sorry about the rat.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Snowbird, for your ever kind and thoughtful comments!

    ReplyDelete