Noodles In Daun Kadok ( Piper Sarmentosum ) Soup


Daun Kadok ( Piper sarmentosum ) plants are wild growing vegetables which I enjoy eating very much. They can be found growing in abundance under the big Rain Tree next to my parent's house. The leaves are especially young and tender during the raining season. I just could not resist adding them to my noodles in my cooking when they are so deliciously edible. 

Young leaves of Piper sarmentosum which I have picked from under the big Rain Tree.

Here is how I cooked them :

Ingredients that I used :

1) 1 clove of garlic - sliced
2) 1 big thumb-sized of ginger - sliced
3) about 20 pcs of young Piper sarmentosum leaves
4) vegetable oil
5) 1 person's portion of noodles ( pre-washed )
6) 1 big bowl of water
7) Salt

The way I cooked :

1) I heated the cooking pan on a gas stove.
2) When it was about to smoke, I added the sliced garlic and ginger and fried them until they are almost golden brown.
3) Then, I quickly scooped out the fried garlic and ginger into a small bowl leaving the oil inside the pan.
4) After that, I quickly poured in the big bowl of water and left it to boil.
5) Then, I put in all the Piper sarmentosum leaves and noodles, covered the pan and left them to cook until tender.
6) After that I added some salt, stirred and turned off the fire.
7) Later, I poured them out into a serving bowl and put the fried garlic and ginger on them.
7) I took some pictures and later enjoyed every bit of the tasty bowl of noodles.


Note :

Piper sarmentosum leaves taste of a kind, minty and a bit spicy. Not everybody likes them. So, make sure you can accept this kind of taste or flavour before you try out this recipe! You may also fry or beat in an egg for better taste. Hope you would enjoy the process and outcome as much as I did!

YUM YUM YUM!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment