Pitiably small, but cute and pretty, at least ...


While Turmeric ( Cucurma longa ) plant is considered one of the easiest plants to grow for most gardeners, it is not the case with me. Just like my previous, totally failed Madeira Vine ( Anredera cordifolia ), my Turmeric plants are also my failure of the year. 

From as many as over ten plants last December, they were reduced to only one surviving plant this December. Which I had eventually dug up this morning, with high hopes. But, only to reveal a pitiably small clump of turmerics that is no bigger than my small palm. Sigh!


Nevertheless, do cheer up, Jade! For at least it looks cute and pretty! 😀

※※※※※※※※※※※


Meanwhile here ...


I would like to wish you all, wonderful people from around the world ...


a VERY Happy ' Dongzhi ' or Winter Solstice Festival, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2019!


See you all again next year!



10 comments:

  1. That's better than nothing. Are you going to try again next year?
    Thanks, and for you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Flighty. I tried to console myself so too and felt better. Ha ha!
      I will definitely try again this coming January, after I come back from the retreat camp which I will be joining from Saturday till end of the month.
      You're welcome and thanks!

      Delete
  2. They certainly are cute and pretty, and I imagine, usable! I've never seen fresh turmeric before so seeing these was a treat. Good luck next year, all the very best to you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I'm glad you think so too, Snowbird!
      Oh, it's usable, but I've yet to decide what to cook with it. Perhaps I would just dry and grind it to powder form and have it with oats in the morning for its many health benefits.
      Thanks and all the same to you!

      Delete
  3. Jade C, its enough to yellow a small pot of masak lemak : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably is enough, meintheswim. But I have dried and ground it into powder form. 😀

      Delete
  4. The roots are large, Jade C. Glad to see this and happy for you. Hope you have a great start for this brand new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Stephanie, you really think so? I think it is very small. Thank you so much for everything btw and same to you!

      Delete
  5. Just the idea of growing Turmeric impresses me! Good luck with trying them again. Happy 2019 to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, I'm glad it does impress you, Gwenfar's Garden! Thank you so much for your kind wish!
      Thanks and happy 2019 to you too!

      Delete