Garden Update - December 2018 ( Potted Ornamental Plants Corner )




Sadly,  my poor pink Air Mata Pengantin or Bride's Tears or Chain of Love or Coral Vine or Mexican Creeper ( Antigonon leptopus ) and my multi-coloured Lantana ( Lantana camara ) had gone from my backyard garden in Ipoh forever, due to my frequent, inevitable neglects. How I miss them! 


Fortunately, Mum's best-loved plant,  Golden Trumpet or Common Trumpet Vine or Yellow Allamanda ( Allamanda cathartica ) is still thriving. Though it seems to take forever to grow big and strong, and flower. Much unlike its countless siblings and relatives that reside whether by the roadsides, in other peoples' gardens, in the parks or in the wilds. Oh, how my patience is put to test!


Thankfully, my little Frangipani ( Plumeria rubra ) did not seem to mind my neglects all the while! It bloomed, rather profusely, nonetheless. But then, oh, how just very short a time good things always seem to stay! Before I managed to really find my time to be in the garden to enjoy them ( the blooms ) to the fullest, they had all come to an end. The last precious bloom, somehow, happened to fall off the tree onto the ground, right before my eyes, just when I was about to lean over to smell its fragrance the other day. Its mere, a little over a month long flower show had finally, officially ended, then and there. What is left now is only clusters of its white-yellow blooms in picture. Oh, how I wish I could touch and smell them once more!


Recently, after having fed my Frangipani with cow manure fertilizer, I am hopeful again. Given its long-known love for manure, I am quite certain that in no time, some new, strong branches and leaves would form. Perhaps, soon after, longer and more spectacular flower show could happen! Wish me luck!


All for now! Thank you for reading this! Bye!


8 comments:

  1. Good post and pictures. It's a shame that you lost a couple of plants. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your ever kind comments, Flighty!
      Its a shame really as I do love those plants a lot. I think I will try to grow them again the next time I go back. Hope my luck would be better then!

      Delete
  2. That's life. Growth, full bloom, old age and death.
    Good luck with the cow manure. I'm going to get seaweed before the end of the month to put on the vegetable patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Padraig, yes, that's life! Impermanence...
      I do hope the cow manure would work wonders soon. Thank you!
      It's only recently that I've heard of seaweed as fertilizer but have yet to learn more about it. By the way, happy gardening to you!

      Delete
    2. Sorry to hear you lost those plants, but delighted to know your Mum's Golden Trumpet survived, oh, gardeners sure are tested. Every time I visit your beautiful Malaysia, the frangipnai blows me away, seeing it, smelling it, growing is something special. How I wish we had it here. I always come back with oils and soaps made from it.xxx

      Delete
    3. Oh, Snowbird, how I hope I could succeed in growing them one day, and mum's golden trumpet could grow faster and flower soon!
      Glad to know you love frangipanis too and support their related products, such heavenly trees they are, aren't they? I've come across gardeners who grow them in the UK, not sure how or which part though.
      By the way, thank you so much, for everything!

      Delete
  3. The plant you lost has interesting names. Hope you can plant them again. Its nice to have ornamental plants in containers around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have, meintheswim. Thanks!
      I will for sure.
      I think so too. There are lots more which I hope to add to my collection. Hope I can find more time to do so. 😀

      Delete