It was SWEET POTATO Harvest time again!


Last week, it was sweet potato harvest time again! I spent a whole morning removing the lush-growing vines and digging up all the sweet potatoes that just would not come up when I lifted the vines. 

Though the amount harvest ( weighing 2.3 kg this time ) is a bit more compared to the previous few harvests in terms of the sweet potato sizes and overall weight, it is still not very satisfactory to me. But then, considering the fact that I had not given them much care like fertilizing, watering and weeding, and had even been harvesting their leaves as vegetables all the while, since I had them planted on my less than twenty-five square feet front, ground level planter in late January, the amount of harvest is kind of expected actually. 


Here it is, the lot of harvested sweet potatoes, which I have not enjoyed as yet, as they are now left to cure for a while in the hope they would taste better after that ... 



6 comments:

  1. Good to see your harvest, I'm sure they will be delicious.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Snowbird! They are delicious!

      Delete
  2. Well done, I hope you enjoy them. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Flighty! I did enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. Good harvest! Can enjoy them for many days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, meintheswim! You are right!

      Delete