Some notes on my recent harvests...



Finally, last week, it was harvest time again for most of my edibles. 


There were the Butterfly Pea ( Clitoria ternatea ) flowers, the Gynura bicolor leaves, the Radishes ( Raphanus sativus ) and their greens, the Red Stem Malabar Ceylon Spinach ( Basella alba ), the Sweet Potato ( Ipomoea batatas ) leaves and the Thai Basil ( Ocimum basilicum ). 



A beautiful and bountiful lot. 



Which I had evenly distributed among my brothers and sisters.





Nothing was left for myself other than the smallest of the Radishes and its attached greens. Which I had very simply cooked ( the vegetarian way ) and eaten or enjoyed with a small bowl of white rice. SIMPLE, yet DELICIOUS and WONDERFUL!



Just in case someone would like to know...



For the Radish ...


Ingredients that I had used: 

radish ( cleaned, cut and sliced ), star anise ( 1 piece, cleaned ), ginger ( half thumb size, skin removed, cleaned and sliced ), organic soy sauce ( amount added according to my taste preference ), grape seed oil ( a few drops ) and filtered water ( just enough to cover the radish slices inside the pot )


Here is how I had it cooked:

1) At first, I had ALL the ingredients put into a small stainless steel pot.
2) Then, I had the pot covered, put on the stove and cooked over low heat.
3) When the sliced radish had finally soften, I had the pot removed from the stove.
4) Finally, I had the dish served in a small, white porcelain bowl.


How did this dish tasted? 

Fragrant, sweet and wonderful!



For the Radish greens ...


Ingredients that I had used: 

radish greens ( cleaned and cut to bite size ), garlic ( 1 clove, skin removed, cleaned and sliced ), rock salt ( amount added according to my taste preference ), grape seed oil ( 1 tablespoon ) and filtered water ( just enough to wet the radish greens during cooking ).


Here is how I had them cooked:

1) At first, I had the stainless steel pot heated on the stove over low heat.
2) Then, I had the tablespoon of grape seed oil added into the pot.
3) When the oil was about to smoke, I had the sliced garlic thrown in.
4) Shortly after that, I had the radish greens and a small pinch of rock salt thrown in too before I had a little filtered water sprinkled onto them.
5) Then I had the radish greens stir-fried for some time inside the pot until cooked.
6) After that I had the pot removed from the stove.
7) Finally, I had the stir-fried radish greens served in a small, white porcelain bowl.


How did this dish tasted?

Quite bitter but most delicious!






ALL FOR NOW! THANK YOU FOR READING THIS! BYE!



10 comments:

  1. I cook the green part in the soup as well. Taste delicious with anchovy soup. Yum yum, I know :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I could try cooking the green part in soups next time. But with other ingredients as I'm a vegetarian. Probably would taste delicious like yours too! Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. PS: That is a good harvest, good job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments, Stephanie!

      Delete
  3. Good post and pictures. They're mostly unfamiliar vegetables apart from the radishes, although here they're usually round and small. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments, Flighty! I think our's are the Chinese's type ( Daikon ), big and long.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely harvest! How generous of you to share with your siblings. I love those butterfly pea flowers. Wonderful recipe, I can just imagine the delightful flavours!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments, Snowbird! Sharing my garden produce with others make me happiest of all.
      What's not to love! The butterfly pea flowers even give nice blue, appetizing colours to our rice and desserts!

      Delete
  5. Wow, so much fresh vege , best from own garden.
    I like to cook the raddish with dried shrimps, onion and coconut milk . Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, there and they were indeed, meintheswim!
    Thank you so much for sharing how you usually cook yours!

    ReplyDelete